Anyone aged 12 years or over is eligible to take part in our study. To participate, simply submit your soothing photo below along with a brief description of how this photo makes you feel soothed. There is no limit to the number of photos that you can submit, so please feel free to submit as many as you wish. Every photo submitted has the potential to help someone in the future. Thank you for your support!
Before you decide whether to take part there are a few things you should know:
* Taking part in this research is completely voluntary;
* Your photo may be used in future research and therapies;
* Copyright to your photo will remain with you, therefore we can only accept a photo that you hold copyright for;
* Both your photo and your comments about why you find your photo soothing may be made available for public view.
However, please be assured that we will not disclose your name or contact information;
* We reserve the right to edit comments or not publish any photos deemed unsuitable for general public viewing;
* We cannot guarantee to display your photo in our online public gallery, due to capacity limitations, but please be
assured that your photo will be included in our main database and will make an important contribution to research
and psychotherapy in the future;
* This study has been reviewed and approved by the Ethics Committee of the School of Health in Social Science
based at the University of Edinburgh;
* We will ask you for consent when you submit your photo and comments, but will not ask you for your consent